Are you an athlete, weekend warrior, couch potato or recovering from injury?
Whether you are in the studio, at play, home or work this class will instill balance, awareness and the skills to help you move into the zone.
According to research, one key aspect of being in the zone, or in the flow is that, while in flow, nearly all of the brain is focused on that one activity; it is too busy focusing to keep track of other thoughts and distractions. As such, the perception of time changes, discomfort dissolves and the mind becomes single focused. In, Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience (1990). Csikszentmihalyi describes what happens during this experience:
- There are clear goals every step of the way.
- There is immediate feedback to one’s actions.
- There is a balance between challenges and skills.
- Action and awareness are merged.
- Distractions are excluded from consciousness.
- There is no worry of failure.
- Self-consciousness disappears.
- The sense of time becomes distorted.
- The activity becomes an end in itself.
Every Tuesday & Thursday @ 9 am and Wednesday @ 5:30 pm
The room is heated between 85-90 degrees
(Recovering from injury? Before class, please have approval from PT or Physician)